Aquis Depth Gauge
Back Into The Deep - Renowned for producing specialist diving watches, Oris is proud to introduce the Oris Aquis Depth Gauge. At the forefront of mechanical watch innovation, Oris has harnessed its knowledge, expertise and craftsmanship to produce the first divers watch which measures depth by allowing water to enter the timepiece. This patented timepiece is the first of its kind to measure depth using a unique gauge built into the sapphire crystal, which allows water to enter the watch.
Known affectionately as ‘the watch with a hole’, the Aquis Depth Gauge uses the scientific principles of the Boyle-Mariotte Law to create a gauge that clearly measures depth during a dive. The patented system works by allowing water through a hole cutint of the sapphire crystal at 12 o’clock and into a channel milled around the outer edge of the crystal. This creates a watermark that corresponds to a gauge clearly indicated in yellow on the dial.
The new model captures and refines the spirit and functionality of the original, delivering even higher performance when it really matters deep below the ocean surface.
- Stainless Steel Case with Ceramic Minutes Scale Top Ring
- Black Dial
- Sapphire, Domed on Both Sides with Anti-Reflective Coating Inside
- Stainless Steel Backing with Special Engravings
- Automatic Winding Date
- Indices and Hands Superluminova BG W9
- Three-Row Stainless Steel Bracelet with Deployment Clasp
- Waterproof Presentation Box Set and Certificate Included